What Modules for Different Stages
NotOnlyETL to NotOnlySQL
FlexCalc brings #NOETL to #NOSQL using the new Builder & Server services along with the latest version of FlexAccount 2020. You can start to implement the core module of FlexCalc – FlexETL. FlexETL offers an advanced command flow function that allows you to customise different ETL CalcRule workbooks to change in data tables.
Build Statistics for Your Columns
FlexColumn extends the capabilities of your adaptive implementation of column names and allows you to customise high-performance data modification rules & build related statistics i.e. Multi-dimensional Movement/YTD Sum on Different Types of Accounts, it also support other statistics including Count, Max, Min, Average & Median.
Comprehensive Commands & Functions
Executable Commands e.g. Map Column, Select Data, Compute Column, Compute Row, Compute Table, Amend Data, Build Statistics & etc. can work with each set of data structure by different pairing of data flows, to effect change of data by one or more categories of CalcFunctions:-
- Mapping Functions e.g. %RegEx(), %Range()
- Data Filter Functions e.g. %Include(), %Exclude()
- Maths Functions e.g. Multiply(), %SumOfDigit()
- Statistics Functions e.g. %NetSum(), %Average()
- Accounting Functions e.g. %ReverseDC, %RevalueAdj()
- Date Functions e.g. %CurrentDate(), %CurrentPeriod()
- Manipulation Functions e.g. %Split(), %Merge()
Optional Master Data Management
Master data management, such as Chart of Accounts & other types of analysis, is not a mandatory setting. Calculation rules can be built in CalcRule settings, rather than relying on master record. This allows you to support the extraction of heterogeneous data on demand without first preparing to add new master records.
In addition to in-memory Dependent Table that manages various CalcFunctions, LamiBook also supports in-memory processing, extracting data from well-established various report forms and layouts. FlexCalc dose not abuse the use of memory to maintain whole data store to support high performance processing. It is because the native data store FlexColumn is a very compact & highly segmented to support efficient read/write access from/to disk by a sophiscated matching functions.
Structured Systems Analysis & Design
The research & development of FlexCalc is done with reference to a classic method of information system – SSADM (Structured Systems Analysis & Design). This result allows the software to support your granular requirements regarding 1) Data Flow 2) Data Structure 3) Entity Life History effectively, to manage data store & process for each application system.
Data Flow: Source Data to Target Data
Majority of executable commands allows to effect transfer of data by the following ways:-
- Map Column, Excel() to DB()
- Compute Column, CSV() to DT()
- Copy Data, Excel() to LamiBook()
- Split Data, Excel() to Excel()
- Copy Data, LamiBook() to Excel()
- Select Data, DB() to ISAM64()
- Amend Data, DT() to DB()
- Copy Data, DB() to DB()
By default, DB() is configured to adopt FlexColumn as data store. There are total number of 36 possible combinations – source data to target data. Refer the roadmap of FlexCalc, data flow member will also supports JSON, MYSQL & MSSql.
Configuable Record Level Security
FlexCalc does not provide its own user login, it can be installed to trust user login function of FESA App Server or third-party software. In addition, FlexCalc provides a very convenient model for end users, allowing them to innovate in their particular security policy at the record level to allow or deny a particular user or group of users access to data for reading/writing in a particular situation.
All Modules (Except Inter-Co) Will be Available by Jan 2020
Use of value type can offers better user experience of reporting when simple selection criteria i.e. Ledger & Period can map to retrieving different calculated data sets within one or more report layouts of a report file. Examples of user-defined value types are as follows:-
- Current Year Opening Actual
- Current Year Movement Actual
- Current Year Movement Actual%Max
- Current Year Movement Actual%Min
- Current Year Closing Actual
- Current Year Closing Forecast
- Current Period Movement Actual
- Last Year Movement Actual
- Next year Movement Budget
Contra Item Module
FlexAccount has a very successful subsystem – Open Item. Previously, one of the FlexCalc developer was the FlexAccount superuser responsible for implementing the system for a listed company specialising in construction & engineering. At an early stage of research & development of FlexCalc, it should be understood that there is a need for more flexible functions to cope with contra item among different groups of data sets. The resulting key features of the Contra Item Module are as follows: –
- Contra Item between different Ledgers, different Accounts or Other Columns
- Contra Item not only calculate $Amount, but also Qty
- The breakdown of the account (open item) can be defined to store the FlexColumn for different cut-off dates for a given interval, month, quarter, intermediate period or year, which provides very high performance for this type of report
- When Contra Item interact with the Costing Module, allow you to define your inventory model
Note: This module is under development, will be available by Jan 2020.
LedgerBase has over 400 executable commands, many of which deal with file-level & GUI operations in different scenarios.
The design of Executable Commands, Data Flow and CalcFunctions allows the use of various combinations of settings. Thus, currently FlexCalc executable commands make up more than 20 in total – will be less than 10% of LedgerBase.
Regarding the need to manage file levels & some other unexpected operations, FlexCalc will have a new module – Utility, with the introduction of the following commands:-
- FlexCalc – allows you to run a different set of ETL CalcRule on the list of the FlexCalc command: –
- Select File & Select Unmatch File – allows you to select a list of files by one or several files, select from the specified path to the source folder, save the results in a dependent table
- Copy file and move file – allows you to directly or indirectly perform operations with files, referring to the list of results of the above commands – Select File & Select Unmatch File commands
FlexCalc does not plan to integrate with LedgerBase, it avoids confusion among users, when initially FlexCalc is planned to offer solutions similar to LedgerBase, but more in-depth for Group Accounts & Financial Accounting by a more simple & understandable in settings. In addition, it allows FlexCalc developers to focus on the innovations of FlexCalc itself & provide better integration results with FlexAccount 2020 – complementary with FlexCalc, FlexAccount 2020 offers very rich user interface in Windows/Web forms for concurrent users to interact with FlexCalc Apps effectively.
However, if users have the following license & software installation, they can request for customisation services from FlexSystem – configure interaction by below one or more software:-
- FESA Application Server
- One or more FESA Apps
- FESA Custom Process – to define selection criteria screen
- FESA AX – to define Windows/Web UI Entry Form & Report
- FESA Logical Table – event, data & report customisation
Using the FESA Logical Table as a central rule processor, it allows the user to interact with the above softwares.
FlexCalc supports a new module to extend the functionality of FlexETL through a simple installation procedure. This means that there will be an opportunity to upgrade the system when any new module is available.
Costing module will provide different costing methods:-
- Straight Line
- Decline Balance
- Rule 78
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Effective Rate
- Discount Cashflow
- FIFO, LIFO or Average Costing
These costing methods can apply to different kinds of assets & liabilities i.e. Loan, Bond, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Lessee, Lessor
In order to take care your preferences of calculation, setting of costing allows you to confirm below scenarios:-
- Balance Method with Round to 2 Digits
- MOvement Method with Round to 2 Digits
- Day, Week, Month
- Quarter, Interim, Year
- Full Month
- ProRata 30 Day
- ProRata Actual Day
Conditional Action Module
Conditional Action is implemented by a decision tree model that enables users to effectively document a list of executable conditional actions in the spreadsheet.
Conditional Action can function as an executable command with the ETL command flow. Whenever you need to evaluate a solution after executing a specific set of data flow, inserting this command with the target action group, the plug-in can support the definition of Conditional Action by defining each group of conditions & related actions.
Again, another successful FlexAccount subsystem is Inter-Co. This module will be part of the 2020 roadmap to expand FlexCalc for areas of mathematics – operations research. This allows the user to implement various types of optimisation in order to offer a better allocation of resources, rather than simply managing historical data.
Research & Development in Data Science
Current success in development model of FlexCalc is the result of our continuous investment in research & development over the past decade.
2020 FlexCalc’s roadmap is mainly applied to operations research & a related technique of coding machine learning by the following scientific agendas:-
- Inter-co path determination, from generating inter-Co vouchers to elimination of related inter-co balances at conso level
- Supply-demand involving production & logistic cost optimisation
- Simulation with continuous random variables for Scenario Planning
- Smart Queuing System with different configurable variables
- Recognition of Excel different layouts when some column names are missing
- Reverse engineering of net income & assets to different scenarios of full set financial statements by parameter settings
- Transform accrual accounting vouchers to cash flow accounting vouchers – to support reporting on direct method cash flow statements
- Auto-triggered building statistics for different kinds of value types of account movement & balance by consolidation of LamiShow report settings from server job queue & historical queue records
Certain common data science agendas such as Recognition of Animals, Auto-driving Car will not be the scope of FlexCalc.
About the Sitemap
A Well-known Brand of FlexSystem, Driven by a Highly Successful 5-tier Enterprise App Server
Revolutionary Software with the 2020 Roadmap to Empower Business Users Performing as Data Scientist
Provides Very Rich Information for Matching Your Business Requirements in Different Scenarios
Inspires Your App Building Practices by Offering Comprehensive Guide with Many Use Cases