Connecting to Different Excel Layouts
When you compare different ETL tools, capable of extracting data from different Excel layouts can be one of the comparisons. FlexCalc has a built-in Excel Layout Connector to support your selection of worksheets, column names and relevant data effectively. The connector can determine and decompose your selected worksheets and columns into a combination of X, Y, Z, WX and WY direction automatically.
You Create So Many Complex Excel Layouts
- X Direction refers to a data set of your selected columns spread across horizontally
- Y Direction refers to a data set of your selected columns spread across vertically
- Z Direction refers to your selected columns spread around worksheet where each column contain only one value, e.g. Company: ABC, Department: HR
- XY Direction refers to a valid combination of X and Y layouts
- WX Direction refers to an interaction of each XY value you can assign measurement type(s) in the horizontal direction, e.g. Amount or Quantity, Unit Price, Amount
- WY Direction refers to an interaction of each XY value you can assign measurement type(s) in the vertical direction, e.g. Amount or Quantity, Unit Price, Amount
- ZXYWX Direction refers to a valid combination of X,Y,Z,WX layouts
Your Complex Excel Layouts Can be Decomposed into Simple Directional Elements
The Excel connector is not only implemented to extract data for recording purpose but also to support load data into your customised layouts for reporting purpose.
Based on a performance testing results of a desktop computer with installed Windows 10 (Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro Tower Quad Core i7 8GB RAM), the connector can determine different layouts by selected 26 columns and a file folder which contains 10,000 worksheets. Extraction of 13 million cells of data value from these worksheets are processing within 8 minutes.
Refer to below demonstration, 20 worksheets are selected for processing which includes 3 different selection criteria. Upon clicking confirmation button, processing time is about 1 second. Creating Accounting Systems to support this function is very simple for you, the training videos will be published in near future.
(This GUI will be Replaced by a WebDesktop)
About the Sitemap
A Well-known Brand of FlexSystem, Driven by a Highly Successful 5-tier Enterprise App Server
Revolutionary Software with the 2020 Roadmap to Empower Business Users Performing as Data Scientist
Provides Very Rich Information for Matching Your Business Requirements in Different Scenarios
Inspires Your App Building Practices by Offering Comprehensive Guide with Many Use Cases